Derrick M. DeSilva Jr., M.D. is a practicing Internist at the Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, NJ.
He is on the teaching faculty at JFK Medical Center in Edison, NJ, Derrick DeSilva Jr., M.D. has lectured on various topics in medicine, nationally and internationally, and is a member of the following associations:
- The American Medical Association
- The Society of Internal Medicine
- Past President of the American Nutraceutical Association
- Chairman of Age Management Medicine Conference
Derrick DeSilva Jr., M.D. has his own radio talk show called "Ask the Doctor" , which airs on WCTC Radio in New Jersey (1450 AM),as well as his own television show, "To Your Health", which airs on News 12 New Jersey. He has also authored and published the following books:
- Coping with Lyme Disease - published by Henry Holt, 1993
- Ask the Doctor - published by Interweave Press, 1997
Besides radio, his national television exposure has been attained in hosting medical segments on CNN and appearing as a guest on numerous national television programs, including ABC Night Line.
Derrick DeSilva Jr., M.D. has been instrumental in the formulation of over 100 different natural products and has been honored with the following recognition:
- Named by New York Magazine (June 2001) as One of the Best Doctors in New York Metro Area
- Named by New Jersey Monthly Magazine (Nov. 2001) as One of The Best Doctors in New Jersey
- Beginning in November 1996 through August 2008, was named by Castle Connolly publishing as one of the best Doctor's in the NY Metropolitan area.